Friday, August 13, 2010

Hold the Presses!

My last blog entry,  I mentioned that I thought I was going to have to build my site from the ground up. I thought there were no administrative pages or options, like on Blogger and I would have to learn coding!
A scary thought indeed.

Here though, is an example of learning the ropes as  you go along. I tend to try to do as much as I can on my own. I hate to bother anyone. However, it occurred to me that I am paying a fee to the hosting company and that's part of what the fee is for. SUPPORT.

I contacted them about my problem. I couldn't access the administrative page. I was coming in as if I were a visitor with no ability to change or add anything! What good was that?

In a fluster, I contacted support and explained the problem. They looked and it turns out that I was right, there was a problem. In a few minutes, they had me up and running and my website is well on its way. I have quite a bit of work to do with it, but at least I've got a good start!

Want to take a peek? Here's the link: Groom Your Dog - Tips

Hey, if you've got a critique, I'd be delighted to hear it!

2 comments: