Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Forum Posting - A Work From Home Method That Generates Residual Income

Before I forget the things I am learning, I thought I should post this right away.

One of the ways of making residual income is to post to forums. The idea, is that the more posts a site has, the more activity is generated, more relevant content is produced and the site climbs the hallowed rungs of Google's search engine.

I mentioned this before, but it seems I need to elaborate a little more. Let's use an illustration about WHY this is all so important.

The term WEB is a very apt one for a number of reasons. For our purposes though, of SEO (search engine optimization) we want to think of WHY spiders produce webs. To catch food, obviously, you say. What though, is it, about the web that attracts the spider? I'm sure we've all seen spiders hanging motionless off to the side. Why?

Naturally, they are waiting for something yummy to land in the web. Once it does, it is the understandable wriggling and thrashing of the captive that alerts the spider that dinner is served. Now, if insects were clever, they'd realize that moving about isn't going to help their situation. It is only going to speed up the inevitable. But insects, at least, ones thrashing around in webs, weren't exactly first in line when it came to getting brains. They would understand that if they lay perfectly still, and waited for a while, maybe gently trying to extract themselves over a period of time, spidey wouldn't come around as quickly.

That's why this illustration fits the situation. We web marketers are interested in bringing the "spiders" or bots running to find what's going on in our corner of the "web'. We want to keep 'em coming, boys! By activity! Lots and lots of activity!
Regular, fresh, exciting activity.

Anyway, getting back to the forums, this is one way for YOU to make money from home. Now, I don't know how successful I'll be at this, I haven't really had time to test it long term. But, my thought is on this one, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I won't have to invest any money, so its just my time.

The premise is, the more you post, the more chances you have of someone reading your post and clicking on ads connected with your post, through Adsense and Amazon and other forms of affiliate marketing.

They also teach you how to find audiences quickly. What I mean by that is that these sites KNOW what people are looking for. They say, "Hey! Did you know that a quabillion people were looking for information today on soccer balls? Why not write an article about soccer balls?"

Hopefully, not too many people are looking for information on soccer balls, *yawn*
because that just doesn't turn my crank. I'm sure, even with World Cup Fever, there must be a few people looking for things I'd be interested in writing about!!

In any case, that's sort of the way it works, according to my understanding. As with all my posts, please elucidate me if I've got it wrong, or if you have any observations! I'd love to hear from you!

As to the 'nuts and bolts' again, this is the site that I'm using to get all the techie stuff done. http://paydotcom.net/r/11436/sulynsi/1526721/

If you'd like to go straight to the forums, at least a couple of them to check out how they work, here are the links:
http://reviewparty.com/referral/7266aa49

This one focuses on paying to get you to review stuff, like movies and DVDs

The next one has many different categories for you to post under:
http://www.xomba.com/referral/778339ed

No comments:

Post a Comment