Wednesday, June 30, 2010

All Forums Are NOT Created Equal! Nor Do They PAY Equally.

After my last posting, I remembered something that had been bugging me for a while about forums.

I don't care if they pay a decent amount per post, .15 to .30 cents for a 25 word post isn't bad. However, many of them require you to wait until you have 20 or 50 dollars in your "account" with them, before you can be paid.

That's fine if a) you have so much to write b) time isn't an issue. It seems to me that some of my best work is languishing, waiting for that time when I finally reach payout! I have to wait and wait, because the offerings are small and it takes so long to reach the minimum.

I'll bet that many get discouraged, long before they reach that goal, and never post again to that forum. However, in the meantime, the forum has benefitted from your original comments, because it has brought activity and thereby, revenue, which they don't have to pay for you because you either didn't finish the assignment by reaching that goal, or you didn't post for a specified period of time!

Sort of like working for a company for a while and they get the benefit of your labour without being obliged to compensate you for it.

Posting to those kinds of forums, though, does have advantages. One is, they are pretty simple to join and get involved with. They can be a lot of fun. You will gain confidence and experience. So as a newbie, give them a try. They will eventually pay out, if you can keep on posting, but don't expect a lot of return from them.

The links I gave in my previous posts, they are payed through Adsense, not the forum. There is no, "minimum". It will be lumped together with all you other earnings from different streams so you can be paid when YOU want to. You can't lose the earnings that you worked hard on. Very important, I'd say.

Yes, I'll save you searching the other posts and repost them here:


http://reviewparty.com/referral/7266aa49

http://www.xomba.com/referral/778339ed

Hey, this is actually quite a good exercise for me!! Lots of practice with the mechanics of this SEO and web marketing stuff!

Don't forget to post a hello, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment