Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Working From Home: It's A Tough Job, But Someone's Gotta Do It! (It May As Well Be Me!)

It is an absolutely glorious day here on the Island! PEI is THE summer place to be.

What a day to be working from home! When I was working in an office, I had to drive an hour to get there, and spend my day in a windowless office, dark and a little depressing. My current office is a small room that my husband built onto the house. It has windows on three sides. My view to the south is trees, grass, buttercups, weeds,(oh, well we won't discuss the gardening issues!) My east windows look out toward my berry patches and the neighbouring fields. I can see the huge windmill, quietly whirring away, making green energy. I can smell spring from my office! I can hear birds twittering away in the copse of evergreens across the driveway. What a wondeful exchange for a "regular" paycheque!! I've just got to make this work for me long term!

I had some errands to do in town today. I didn't have to book any time off. I just simply told my client that I'm in my office at such and such a time, leave a message and I'll get back to you when I return! Oh boy! What freedom!

I went for a walk, I got my errands done, washed the car and returned home refreshed and envigorated, ready to work my little heart out! All the way in the car, ideas for writing and blogging were flying around my head. No writer's block here! Some of my most creative ideas descend on me when I've got nothing to do but stare at an empty road.

I really need to get a handle on how all the SEO and linking and networking works. SEO, by the way, unless you are alreay initiated is search engine optimization.
Its one of the parts of the puzzle that you really need to get in order to be successful.

One of the work from home, or home based job opportunities I've come across is posting to forums. This is to help boost their content and presence on the net. They actually pay people like you and I to chat or post. So if you have an opinion (ha ha), you can post! And get paid for it! I have accepted a couple of assignments. I chose a couple of forums in which I felt I could genuinely participate. No hit and run.

I like to get a feel for the site in which I'm posting, become part of their community. When I figure out exactly how this works, I'll post a link for you. If you want to leave me a message, asking for the links, I'll be happy to email you back. That way, you'll get the correct information. Remember, I'm new at this.

By the way, if you are a seasoned veteran of this game, and can offer any insights, by all means, please put your two cents in. And leave me a link to YOUR blog! I'd love to hear from anyone!

In the meantime, back to "work"!

No comments:

Post a Comment