Thursday, July 29, 2010

Back Links - Powerful Guides To Showcase Your Work

I have been reading scads of information over the last couple of days that talk about the importance of backlinks. It really cannot be stressed enough that backlinks are a major tool that any successful SEO optimizer must understand and utilize.

I even found an article on Squidoo that explains how to make backlinks with html coding! Now, it seemed to work on my Word program, but it didn't work on the Squidoo lens I was trying to make! I don't know at this point what I was doing incorrectly, but it may be that parts of the Squidoo program don't allow linking in the body of your article. That was true in the case of an Ezine article I was writing. You had to find the appropriate place for your links, and place them in it.

When I find that little gem, I will post it.

In the meantime, I am practising with backlinking on Blogger, and you may find this Article On Saving Money (heh heh, like my linking?) enjoyable.

In addition, here is the link to the excellent Squidoo article that I was referring to How To Create Backlinks
I guarantee, if you are a newbie, you will want to put this article in your "favourites".

While you're visiting, set up an account at Squidoo. It can play importantly in your backlinking efforts.

It is considered a "Web 2.0 property". What is that, you well may ask? It's not easy to get a definition, because apparently its meaning is a little nebulous, but I think it means the popular sites that are easy to use, interactive and are "do follow" as far as search engines are concerned.

From what I understand at this stage of the game, is that there are sites that Google simply looks at, there are others it checks for links and follows them, hopefully to your site, and therefore, the process can boost your web presence and ultimately your SERP (search engine ranking p) I think the acronym should actually be SEPR (search engine page ranking) but SERP sounds better when you say it, doesn't it!?

Now, if you are on a Web 2.0 site, and you have an account, you want to put links on your articles that point back to your blog or site. What used to be called reciprocal links is easier when you are technically reciprocating to yourself. I think it could be compared to the Hansel and Gretel story, leaving behind breadcrumbs to follow.

Visit these sites, produce and post good quality, relevant articles that can refer to your monetized site.

Squidoo has the added benefit of being able to be monetized too, so you may be pleasantly surprised to find it makes a little cash. This is what one blogger found. Read what she says. Update on Earnings

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this tutorial. It will take time to build up the web 2.0 sites with good content, but I guess that's why backlinks take so long. It doesn't happen overnight.

    I am slowly working my way from home too, Sulynsi :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankx for the greatinfo. I am also tryink to work from home.

    ReplyDelete