Thursday, July 15, 2010

Work From Home - Other Ideas

I should say, that though I'm attempting this new venture, it isn't the first of my jobs from home.
There are lots of work at home opportunities that you can try.

Several years ago, I trained as a dog groomer. I worked at that from home for over 3 years. It is something you can work at from your own home, and the start up costs are quite reasonable. If you love animals, it is an excellent work at home opportunity.

I found that my business grew not just with grooming clientele, but also dog daycare requests. I was surprised how many people are on the look out for someone to take their pet in for a few days, in a home environment.

You should be located in a high traffic area. We are rather rural and out of the way, so my business was limited largely due to the distances involved. However, I know, that had I been in a position to move to town, I would have had a busy, full time business.

Of course, we are talking here about home based business or work from home ideas and opportunities. You could open a separate location, but that would require that you are not actually working from home.

One of the big draws of working from home, is the much lower overhead. You can work your business right out of your own premises, and that cuts down dramatically on your up front costs.

1 comment:

  1. Dog grooming - well done. I've heard dog walking can also provide a good income. Perhaps you could offer multiple services.

    Joe :D

    ReplyDelete